In most conditions, water generators produce more power on passage because the yacht’s whole sail plan is capturing the available energy rather than the limited area of the wind generator’s rotor.
The DupGen 3 dual mode practically allows you to maximise power generation on your yacht – use wind mode at anchor, and water mode while you sail. Deploy te DuoGen 3 in water mode before you depart, then forget about it. the DuoGen 3 runs all your on-board equipment while you enjoy sailing.
The DuoGen 3 starts charging at under 2 knots, produces a steady 8 amps at 6 knots, and over 11 amps at 7 knots.
The DuoGen 3 runs silently, following the movements of the yacht. Drag is low with boat speed losses typically less than 0.15 of a knot at 6 knots.
When you anchor or moor up, the DuoGen 3 water mode is as easy to recover as it is to deploy. Mode change is easy – and the DuoGen 3 is very quickly in wind generator mode.
The DuoGen 3 is purpose designed to provide a truly practical solution to generating power on cruising yachts.
- Dual wind and water generation capability
- Mode change in seconds without tools
- Water mode: 8 amps @ 6 knots (190 a/hrs per day)
- Water mode: 11.5 amps @ 7 knots (275 a/hrs per day)
- Water mode: 16 amps @ 8 knots (380 a/hrs per day)
- Wind mode: 2.5 amps @ 10 knots
- Wind mode: 6 amps @ 15 knots
- Wind mode: 11 amps @ 20 knots
- Available in 3 lengths to suit vessel
- Low drag in water mode (0.15 of a knot at 6 knots)
- Low noise, slow speed alternator
- Self furling protection in high winds