The Expert Modular is our latest generation, highly advanced battery monitor. It consists of an intelligent shunt and a remote control and display unit. The shunt has a Grid Optimized footprint for perfect integration with our DC Modular products.
This advanced battery monitor not only shows the true state of charge of your battery system. It also offers a large amount of additional features to optimally supervise your battery system and control external equipment. The Expert Modular is compatible with lead based and Lithium batteries (LiFePO4).
Unlike the well known TBS Expert Lite and Expert Pro battery monitors which are based on a passive shunt for current measurement, the new Expert Modular solution is equipped with an active shunt module. All measurements and calculations are made inside the active shunt module, resulting in the highest accuracy. The end results are transferred to the Control and Display Unit (CDU) over a digital cable connection, ensuring the highest immunity against external interference even in harsh industrial applications.
The Expert Modular can monitor up to three battery banks. The inputs for battery bank 2 and 3 can also be configured for other purposes, like mid-point voltage measurement, keyswitch input or backlight control. The Expert Modular battery monitor can measure DC currents up to 600Amps (500Amp continuous) and voltages up to 70Vdc. So any lead- or lithium based battery from 12V up to 48V can be monitored.
The installation time is minimal, requiring only one supply wire to the intelligent shunt base and a single plug and play ‘QuickLink’ cable between the shunt base and the control/display unit (CDU). Furthermore, the battery minus cable must be interrupted in order to insert the shunt into the high current circuit. The fused supply wire and the QuickLink cable are both included in the package, avoiding the need for a separate connection kit.
- Read your battery bank like a fuel gauge
- Provides critical information about the status of your battery bank
- Very simple ‘plug and play’ installation
- Displays voltage, current, consumed amphours, remaining battery capacity and time remaining and power
- Extensive alarm programming capability
- Three battery inputs
- Large display with backlight
- Quick nut mounting construction
- Fully programmable alarm relay
- History event storage
- Active shunt supports two display units or can also run stand alone
- Splash proof front panel of display unit
- CE and automotive certified (EN50498)
- 24 month warranty